Saturday, November 11, 2006

Day 56 Week 21

Today thanks to Aparajita, I decided to do a long run, 13 miles actually. I started with lot of apprehension as I have been out of practice for weeks now. And in the beginning it was hard, it was cold, and then the 83rd St was all uphill-downhill. The route to golden garden park was all downhill and that made it easy. After that seaside was almost flat, I was really cold at this time as being along the water, there was cold wind coming. Then we decided to head back instead of doing the 13 miles loop. The way back was really tough. The 32nd Ave was all uphill, gaining all the height we lost when going to the seaside drive. This was I think the toughest part. Then we reached 80th St, which was again uphill-downhill, but after crossing 32nd, it did not seem that bad. We took quite a lot of breaks. mostly on signals. But in the end we finished 11.8 miles, it was great. The bottom line, I am again confident that I can do it :) Here is a link to our route, I will upload the image soon.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=537492

1 comment:

Rahul said...

Thats great. Go Tulika!!. I am proud you ran so much