Tuesday, March 27, 2007

reading books

For almost a month now, I am obcessed with reading books, every moment of free time I get, I just read, and almost all of it is nonsense, useless fiction which has no association with reality what so ever. Of coruse Sci-fi is useful as it tells you what is possible in future, and gives you more ideas. But all those James Patterson's, Michael Chrichton's are simple waste of time. Why do we spend our precious time reading them? Now I have started this big book about WWII, hopefully I would be able to finish it and get some insight into history.

2 comments:

Harshita Nanda said...

most of the pple read books to escape the mundane......best example is harry potter.....you know it is unrealistic, but it is pure and simple escapism

Tulika said...

oh my God! who told u Harry Potter is unrealistic, muggles huh!