Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Journey to Ikea

This sunday finally I made my trip to IKEA. I wanted just one thing, a big green lead canopy to put over my office desk. In NY, IKEA runs a free shuttle from downtown to its store in Elizabeth, NJ. So I came from my apartment in NJ to NY, then took the shuttle back to NJ, and then back to NY and then went back to  my apartment in NJ :) Interesting journey. The leaf was easy to find once you know that its actually in the kids section. They also had a huge collection of plants, reasonably priced, and I went totally crazy trying to decide what to get. Surprisingly the artificial plastic plants were more expensive than the real ones, have no idea why. With the amount of care and manual labour real plants need, you would expect them to be twice as expensive. But this is america afterall, nothing makes sense here (like why would u eat double cheese burger with diet coke). I finally settled on a tiny real plant and a artificial one (in case the real one died).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tulika,

talking about double cheese burgers, there is someone who knows you from Curves reading it;-)...alright as promised here goes...this is my email address... ramyakris82atgmaildotcom. drop a test mail and I will send you my number...hope to catch up with you soon...tata...Ramya

Vrijendra said...

'With the amount of care and manual labour real plants need, you would expect them to be twice as expensive.'

...au contraire. you would expect them to be not expensive for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious, double cheese burger with diet coke.