Wednesday, April 23, 2008

uphill running

I was looking at the Seafair marathon course and after the bridge its all uphill, no kidding! That is scary. So I decided to devote my tuesdays to practice uphill running, on the treadmill as there are no hills in New York. This tuesday was a total disaster. I happily set my treadmill at elevation of 10 and speed of 4, that sounds easy. But 1 min into it, I was huffing and puffing as if I had run 10 miles. I could not do it! So then I reduced the speed to 3.7, that too was a challenge. So then I reduced the elevation to 8. Ok, that's better, I was able to run for 2 -3 min without stopping (my expectations were quite down by now).
So, that is where I am today, elecvation 8, speed 3.7, minutes 3. Lets see if this practice makes it any better.

No comments: