Tuesday, May 13, 2008

almost 6 miles today

Today was a good day to run. Started out a little late for the weekday, @6:45, but it was a perfect day. Temperatures in 10C, slightly cloudy, good wind. I started out thinking will run for 30 min., then thought on 45. By the time I was 30 min into the run, I was, well, totally into it. So decided to so my pending 6 mile run. Ran to the second bridge at liberty state park, did the little uphill pilgrimage and then ran back through the first bridge. It was nice, except water was a problem. By then end of 4th mile, I was totally dehydrated. Knee and ankle had started doing funny things. Somehow survived the last 2 miles. Wasted lot of time walking around, looking for water, so took almost 1hr 10 min. But over all a very good run. Lesson learnt, always carry water. Next week its another 10 miler!

1 comment:

Parikshit said...

Very interesting...you are really into running now. I have been trying to contact asha members, but no luck so far. Is there someone you can talk to about this within Asha?