Monday, November 30, 2015

Switzerland - you surprise me - still!

While I have written before how I have been surprised by Swiss efficiency again and again, today I have to write the opposite - the Swiss inefficiency in dealing with online anything. The surprising backwardness of Swiss in embracing the new technology - the internet (yes, the new part was sarcastic). Today I decided to create an online account for my health insurance so that I can check what's going on, bills and stuff. First I was surprised that there was an option to do so, knowing Swiss I thought there won't be. Well, so far so good. I fill out all the forms, sign the agreement, create user id, password blah blah. And then guess what - I get a screen telling me that they are going to snail mail "something" to me so that I can start using the account. Is this a joke! I created account in hope to pay off and get things faster, now I am sitting and waiting for some snail mail thing to reach me.

No comments: