Monday, October 04, 2004

Taken

The last weekend was a 'Taken' weekend. After all my plans of visiting the Golden Gate again where washed in the clouds, I headed to the library in search for something interesting. One thing that always came into my view, howmuch ever I tried to ignore it, was a (actually more than 1) DVD of Taken. I always wondered why do they have so many DVD of the same movie and noone every seems to take them. Anyway, to avoid seeing them again and spending time wondering why so many, I took one. Saturday was spent, first planning a perfect time to watch the movie and then finally watching it. Well it was a Spielberg movie, so after watching it once, it looked like either the movie was grossly incomplete or I did not understand anything. SO, anyway as I refuse to accept the second explaination, I headed to the library again on Sunday. That told me why I always see so many of those DVD, they are all different parts, its more like a teleseries from SciFi channel. So I got 2 more parts, spending another 6 hours on that on Sunday. As you can see, I was hooked, or more precise taken. There is still more to see, as I do not think that its complete yet, I guess there are more parts than just 3.

For the review, after spending 9 hrs on the weekend watching the DVDs, I do not have to state that I just loved it. The plot is good, the mystery well maintained, and you would not want to miss even a single word of the movie. It spans over 4 generations, starting in the 60s. The story is also spread over all of US and ofcourse of big span of characters. After sometime, I stopped reading the place and time that appeared in the bottom of the screen as the scenes change as they stopped making sense. Great story, movie well made, no unnecessary fancy stuff, no star wars, but a very believable story. (Except for that fact that like everyone else, the aliens (the real aliens from a different plant) ignored rest of the world and showed up only all over US.

No comments: