Friday, April 27, 2007

How to deal with happiness

Couple of days back at lunch we were having this conversation about moving to west coast, CA in particular. So somone mentioned that she cannot move to CA (from NY) as she won't know how to deal with so much happiness. She said anytime you talk to people there, they are so happy, weather is great, people are all nice, there is traffic, but you can still drive the car, and park it without paying an arm and a leg for it. And that is so true. Since I moved here, I have seen the general level of tension rise around me. Most people are always edgy, angry, snap at everything. And same for me, there is this cloud of anger, depression, all negative feelings around me. Why would someone want to live in such a place!!

--
tuls

http://tulika.blogspot.com

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do." - Bertrand Russell

No comments: