Thursday, September 20, 2007

relaxing

T: I really need to relax this weekend, its been so busy at work.
X: ya, I am thinking the same, a very relaxing weekend.
T: I am planning to go for this small 2 day backpack in the Breakneck area, I heard there is a great 2500ft hike, good views.
X: a...., um......, I thought......

hee hee, well, so that happens. How do you relax. When in Seattle, I actually never though relaxing is somthing that you can do on a weekend. Weekends were for fun, go out enjoy. They were usually more hectic and by Thursday I used to be worried how to have more fun this weekend, and did I mention fun. Here the story is totally different. Weekdays are so damn hectic and frustration and stressful that you need to just get away from this mess. I used to hear people say, New Yorkers like to go away on weekends so they leave office early on Friday. And I as like, well if you are going away on weekend, don't you need to stay longer on Friday to finsh work, and what does 'going away' mean anyway. So it was not going away from office, it was going away from the city and the crowd and that means driving through bizarre traffic and spend 5 super stressful hours to go about 100 miles. And now I can see (not that I would ever ever consider myself even remotely a 'New Yorker', and I will probably never speak to you if you called me one), but I can see why you really need to get away. This place just drives you crazy and its so much of craziness that one person can take. So now weekends are for relaxing and relaxing means going away from this place, so far away that you forget you live in hell :).

No comments: