Friday, October 19, 2007

Session 3 - Latinas in technology

This session requires a special mention. I just chanced upon this session because I did not feel like going anywhere else, and I was going to attend a session in the same room next. And that was one of the best chances I have taken. This was one of the best sessions I heard. One of my aim for this conference was to understand what does it really take to rise in industry. I heard a lot about you need mentor, you need blah blah. But in this session the penalists actually gave a direct How To list on how to get this done. They were so direct, straight forward that its not a bed of roses. You need to work hard, you need to play it smart, you need to manipulate, and that is how you get it done. It was amazing hearing them talk, as if they are talking direct 1:1 to every audiance what she needs to do. It was also great to see the sense of community among latinas, they share the same background, same problems, which are I guess no different from Indians, or any other community. I am feeling totally inspired to start a network for Indians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tulika

Thanks for your blog about our session and I am really glad the experiences discussed in our panel could help our communities.

Keep in touch

Gilda
Latinas in Computing Keeper