Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shoes are for profit making!

Like everything else, shoes, especially running shoes is such a sham industry. All the big players run big ad-campaigns, huge deals with popular runners to make janta bewakoof. Yeah, tell us something new! ok, I always knew it and I always said it. But today just browsing through REI catalog of running shoes, I noticed not 1 or 2 but 10 different types of Vibram Fivefingers. I thought the whole point of these shoes was they are minimalist, just a sheet of rubber to protect your feet from harmful things on the road. After that they just feel natural like running barefoot. Then why the hell there are 9 different features of "Vibram FiveFingers KomodoSport LS Multisport Shoes - Women's". And why this piece of rubber costs more than $10? In fact they cost anywhere from $85 - $110, almost same price as my regular running shoes. Poor public just starts thinking that they need specialized shoe for that one specific sport, me included. I have -
climbing boots
hiking boots
light hiking shoes
running shoes
light running shoes
daily sandals
dancing shoes (ok, well they are kind of special!)
high heel party shoes
no heel daily shoes
everyday shoes
That's a hell lot of shoes for one person!

No comments: