Monday, August 28, 2006

Day 33 Week 12

Ran 10 miles today, woo hoo!!
Went to the lake early, around 7:00, ran around the lake once, 1/2 inside and 1/2 outside. Was back by 7:38, must have taken 33-35 min to run 3 miles. After that there was 10 min break as I talked to other people etc. Then started on a 7 mile course with Rishi, somehow I was full of confidence that I can do it. The first half was quite easy, 2 miles near the lake, the same flat course, after that another mile or so was mostly downhill, so that was easy. The next 2 miles were flat, but in sun, and that is where most of my energy was drained, if I was alone, that would have been the point to stop, but thanks to Rishi I kept going. We got some unintentional breaks stopping for signal, figuring out the route and that was great help. The good thing about this route was that Ravenna came suddenly and we joined it pretty close to the lake, so the last 1/2 mile of so I was just running thinking that we are almost there.

No comments: