Tuesday, August 22, 2006

St Helens once again

If you ask me for a movie I can watch again and again, I will say DDLJ, and if you ask me for a place I can go again and again, I will say St Helens. Not because its the most beautiful place I have seen, but because I *can* go here again and again :). So this weekend, Srijan, Sree, myself and Subo headed to St Helens once again. This time I suggested Windy Ridge again, because I found it a lot more amazing view than the super crowded Johnson's observatory. Its here that you can go really close to the crater, look right into the spot from where the lava came out, and into the lake where it went, and you can do that that without bumping into 100 people. And it did turn out to be a very nice visit, windy ridge was windy as usual and it was nice sitting in open after a long week. Sometimes I wonder, for us city dwellers, the fresh air is so rare, while growing up, I just too it for granted. 5 years back if you had asked me what I would give to feel fresh, unpolluted wind on my face, I would have said are u crazy, but today, I am ready to drive for hours to get to a place where you can feel that wind, feel the freedom, feel so close to nature, feel away from all the worries that we have surrounded ourselves with.

No comments: