Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dandiya!

No, I don't know Dandiya or garba, but that does not stop me from being enthued about the event and to plan to drive all the way to Sammamish for that. Last weekend we tried real hard to go, I got up from my sleep at 10:00 (I had slept at 5:00, guess was just very very tired), then thought for 30min about what to wear, weather to wear any jewellery or not, and then do I have any jewellery!!?? Of course I should have thought about that one before wasting 10 min on thinking to wear or not :). So anyway doing simple math, it was already 11:00, and it would have taken me another 1/2 hr to get dressed in the absense of a full length mirror. So in the end it did not seem worth. Hopefully this Saturday will be planned better :)

I have already taken first step and looked up the info on web.
Dandiya
Event Summary:
This year, our annual navaratri garba dance is organized for two weekends in SEPTEMBER. Everyone is cordially invited to this colorful traditional dance event. This is not a Gujarati only event, we have plenty of non-Gujaratis and non-Indians coming to Garba every year.Events are on 22nd Sep, 2006 (Friday),23rd Sep, 2006 (Saturday),29th Sep, 2006 (Friday),30th Sep, 2006 (Saturday)

Where:

Sammamish High School

100 140th Ave SE
Bellevue, WA

When:
Sep 22 2006 8:00PM
to
Sep 30 2006

No. of Admission : $5/members per evening,$7/non-members per evening,Free for kids below 11,Free for seniors above 62

Contact :
Sammamish High School
Phone : 425- 456-7600

No comments: