Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Client - John Grisham

Read John Grisham after a long time, and it was as thrilling as ever. Though I found this book a little less surprising, I guess after reading so many books from the author, I can kind of guess the twists and turns in his story. Still it was a very pleasant read and I could not put the book down before reading it from cover to cover. Very interesting story of a man who first plots to steal lot of money and then plots even more to free himself of all the charges, does he succeed and then end up living the life of a rich man? Does he get away with it? The story is full of crosses and double crosses.

2 comments:

alicat said...

this book was boring beyond belief
the only reason i finished it was to keep my A in english
thrillers are supposed to keep readers wondering about the characters after the story is finished: wondering if they'll be ok and live happily ever after, or if the bad guys will get them in the end.
this book made me do nothing of the kind. i don't care a bit about what happens to mark.
bottom line: grisham failed miserably in making his mark in the thriller genre.
get another genre or job, but please dont continue to write 'thriller' and in doing so force highschool students like myself to write reviews of your books. it's painful

deepo said...

the book was damn good