Friday, December 15, 2006

Another record breaker

We are not done with record breaking storms yet, and this time its wind and rain and it is indeed serious, not just a American style storm. Sitting in office it was feeling nice, all the rain splashing on my window. Then power flickered and a mail came that parking garage is flooded! I could not believe it, first snow and now water! Rushing out, I was met with another swimming pool on the road. Thankfully rain had turned into a drizzle by now, but it was so windy that my umbrella had no hope. Where was the fancy rain coat when I needed it!!
So anyway I braved the water filled road in my new like high heel leather boots, found another river flowing with the speed of a mountain river near office. Reached office to find almost knee deep water in the garage, flooded lift. Someone dropped me into the garage in his Jeep.
Stepping into the very filthy water bare feet reminded me of the monsoon time in school, we used to walk through that water, splashing, enjoying the dirt! Thankfully today also I did not flinch at the thought of putting my feet in it, good to know that I am still not civilized enough :) If I was not worried about my car, I might have enjoyed it.
So anyway I got into the car, drove it real slow out on the street. Then also decided to drive back home and not leave the car there, and not take the freeway. It turned out to be a good decision. As soon as I got out of the downtown area, road and traffic was almost normal. There were some puddles of water on the side, but it was much easier to drive thru them slowly than it is on the freeway. I was home without incidents this time and in less than 20 min :)
Now at home, the power is flickering and threatening to quit. Well, now that I am home safely, I am not that worried about it, will just get in my rajai and sleep it off.

No comments: