Monday, May 23, 2011

We are not from here!

So this 'incident' happened a while ago, around the Royal Wedding time, if u know what i mean. I was in train back to Thalwil, and there were a bunch of Canadians on the train. Teenagerish, definitely college students. I am guessing lost, must have been trying to get to London to attend the 'wedding'. So anyway, these folks were on train, speaking their canadian english, and I was feeling good to finally hear and understand conversations around me and smile at jokes. We are all getting along, and we arrive at Thalwil. This group also wants to get down there, and they are standing in front of train door. Shouting at each other - open the door aye, it does not open aye, what is wrong aye! how are we going to get down aye!

And some of us 'from switzerland' are telling them calmly - you have to press the button, the one that is shinning green. They finally did it. They tell me - "We are not from here, aye, so we are still confused, aye". I was sympathetic, so I told them don't worry, I was doing exact same thing less than a month ago :) How fast we learn!

So why was I reminded of this - bcoz on Sunday I decided to take ferry to Thalwil from Zurich. As I was boarding, there were all these people with maps and camera and what not, 'the tourists'. And I had this funny feeling, I am not a tourist in this very touristy place! I live here every day! how funny is that! Its like living in Switzerland! or Paris!
(we always wondered where do those people go for vacation! Do they just keep visiting each other!)

No comments: